Mold removal and remediation offered in central Florida areas such as Lakeland, Plant City, and more.
We will quickly restore your home or office with our proven mold removal and remediation services.
Once you have established that there is a mold presence in your home or office with a mold inspection and test, the next step is to remove the mold. At True Builders, we have a proven process for getting mold out of your property effectively and quickly.
We restore mold damage by providing our services throughout central Florida, including Lakeland, Plant City, Winter Haven, and the nearby cities.
The Steps of Safely Removing Mold
Depending on the level of mold inside the building, there are certain steps that must be taken to safely remove mold. Do not try to remove mold on your own, as this process requires a trained technician to get the mold out without causing health risks. In order to effectively remove mold, this process can take anywhere from one to five days based on how much mold is present and where the mold is growing.
Steps to remove mold and remediate damage include:
- Fix the initial water problem. Until the water leak or pipe issue is repaired, there could still be mold issues that reoccur.
- The contaminated area will then need to be isolated. We use plastic sheeting to seal off the area, and if the mold is at Level 2, we may need to use specialized sheeting.
- Remove the porous materials damaged by the mold. Depending on what was affected, we will cut out drywall and replace it, or remove the flooring and replace it as well. We then double-bag the materials and wipe the bags down before removing them from the contaminated area.
- Clean all non-porous materials with a specific cleaner. All non-porous materials such as wood will need to be thoroughly wiped down and scrubbed to remove all traces of the mold.
- We clean the air using HEPA air scrubbers. This helps to remove any remaining mold spores and replaces the air with clean, fresh air.
- After this, we clean the entire area. For Level 1 mold, this involves using a detergent solution to wipe everything down. For Level 2, use a HEPA vacuum to clean everything and then wipe everything down with a detergent solution.
- Dry the area with fans or dehumidifiers. It's vital to ensure everything in the affected area is dried after the cleaning and mold removal process.
If you have mold properly removed by a licensed professional, it shouldn't come back.
If your residential or commercial property has a mold presence, call us to come remove it for you!
At True Builders, we remove mold from residential and commercial properties throughout central Florida. If you have mold present in your building, we can help. Call our certified mold technicians to safely remove the mold for you at (863) 647-1800! We work with property owners in Plant City, Winter Haven, Lakeland, and the surrounding areas.