Home flood restoration services in Lakeland, Winter Haven, and nearby cities in central Florida.
We fix residential flood damage from thunderstorms, hurricanes, burst pipes, and other causes.
In our area of central Florida, most of us are no stranger to damage from storms or hurricanes flooding our homes or yards. We are often hit with inclement weather and lots of rain, but homes can also flood because of burst pipes or other plumbing mishaps.
Residential flood damage is an inconvenience to be sure, but our contractors are trained to fix it efficiently and quickly. Our home flood restoration services are provided to properties in Lakeland, Plant City, Winter Haven, and the nearby cities in Florida.
Reasons Your Home May Flood
Homes can flood for various reasons, including storm damage and plumbing issues. Learn more about the common causes of house floods that we often encounter:
- Storm Damage: This can happen during a thunderstorm, tropical storm, or hurricane. Water can flood the home, especially if the ground has already been saturated with previous rainy weather.
- Overflowing Toilet: If a toilet overflows and no one is home to notice, the issue can quickly cause a lot of damage.
- Clogged Drain or Sewage Backup: When drains get backed up or there is a sewage problem, the water and sewage can end up coming back into your home.
- Burst Pipes: A burst pipe can cause flooding inside your home and it can go undetected at first especially if it is behind a wall.
- Washing Machine Leaks: If a hose on your washing machine breaks and begins leaking, that water will spill out all over the floor and cause flooding.
Flooding can sometimes be covered by your insurance policy, but not always--make sure to check with your insurance provider to see what kind of flood coverage you have. Some types of flood damage, such as hurricane and storm damage, may only be covered by special policies.
The Process of Cleaning Up Your Home After a Flood
After the flood ends, contact a trusted flood restoration company such as True Builders to handle the cleanup process. We will come in quickly to try to mitigate any lasting damage from the intrusive water or sewage. The first step in the process will be to extract any remaining water using our state-of-the-art equipment, and then dry out the area to get rid of any moisture.
Once that is finished, we will assess the damage to see what can be saved and then begin to remove the parts that cannot be saved such as drywall, flooring, cabinets, any wooden beams, and more. Those will be replaced with all new materials, as we do not want to leave any water damaged surfaces behind and risk mold forming in your home.
Our home flood restoration specialists are available 24/7 to help with any emergency situations.
Have you experienced a flood in your home? Call the area experts now to help fix the damage.
In central Florida areas such as Lakeland, Plant City, Winter Haven, and more, True Builders has become the area's leading expert on fixing water damage, especially home flood damage. If you experience a flood in your home, call us ASAP at (863) 647-1800 so we can come out to start the restoration process.