Kitchen fire repair and restoration services provided in central Florida areas such as Lakeland, Plant City, and more.
A kitchen fire is one of the leading causes of residential house fires and can rapidly spread through the whole room.
A house fire is always a huge inconvenience, especially when it occurs in the kitchen. Whether it is caused by a grease fire, unattended cooking, or other cause, the fire can spread rapidly through the whole room, leaving a trail of destruction in its wake. Kitchen fires are one of the leading causes of residential fires.
At True Builders, we have some of central Florida's leading experts on kitchen fire repair and restoration, and we provide those services to properties in Plant City, Lakeland, Winter Haven, and many more surrounding areas.
Common Causes of Kitchen Fires
Cooking mishaps are usually the cause of kitchen fires, and here are some of the common ways we have seen kitchen fires start:
- Flammable items placed too close to the stove: Dishrags, potholders, paper towels, and more can easily catch on fire if they are too close to a hot burner.
- Frying food improperly with oil: If you choose to fry with oil in your kitchen, try using a deep fryer instead of a pan. If you do opt for the pan, only use enough oil to just cover the bottom. Make sure to also clean off any spatters on the oven as those can cause problems in the future.
- Leaving cooking unattended: You should never walk away from a hot burner or an open flame, as anything can happen while you're gone.
- Using older appliances: An older stove can be faulty, which can end up spelling disaster. One stray spark or a gas leak can cause the whole home to go up in flames.
The best way to prevent kitchen fires is to be proactive and never leave while there is an open flame or lit burner.
Our Kitchen Fire Repair & Restoration Process
If you do suffer a kitchen fire, our trusted and top-rated contractors can swiftly come out to the scene and assess the damage. We'll give you an estimate of what needs to be done and work with your insurance company, too. Steps in our repair and restoration process include:
- Replacing kitchen cabinets
- Repairing the flooring
- Installing new appliances
- Creating new countertops
Generally, kitchen fire damage will be covered by your insurance company unless they believe the fire was caused by a lack of maintenance on your part.
Have you had a kitchen fire in your home? We're available 24/7 to help you fix it.
In Lakeland, Plant City, Winter Haven, and the nearby areas of central Florida, we provide kitchen fire repair and restoration services. Our teams are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergent situations. If you have had a kitchen fire in your home, then give us a call at (863) 647-1800 so we can come help you fix the damage!